We invite you to submit abstracts for consideration in line with the following sub-themes:
- Transformation through Technology
- Merging the FYE with 4IR
- Understanding Good FYE Practice
- Support Systems for First-Year Students in a Context of Transition
- FYE in the Classroom: Developing Teaching Skills for First-Year Students
- Advancing FYE Theory
ACCEPTED FORMATS FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
- Full Academic Papers
- Reflective Practitioner Papers
- Work-in-Progress Reports or Proposals for Future Research
- Interactive Poster Sessions
CRITERIA FOR SUBMISSIONS
All submissions should link to the overall conference theme and sub-themes. Abstracts will be subject to a blind peer review process. Abstracts should be double spaced and written in Arial Font, size 11. Abstracts should also be limited to 250-300 words.
In the case of poster sessions, posters should be preferably A0 sized and include details such as Title, Details of Presenter, Introduction, Aim/Key Objectives of Research, Findings and Summary.
Please note the following dates carefully, particularly with regard to the need for early letters of acceptance in order to secure conference funding. We have three rounds for abstract submissions. Round one opens 09 September 2019.
|Deadline for abstract submissions||Notification of acceptance|
|ROUND 1||02 October 2019||16 October 2019|
|ROUND 2||06 December 2019||28 February 2020|
|ROUND 3||16 March 2020||30 April 2020|