We invite you to submit abstracts for consideration in line with the following sub-themes:
- Case Studies in Good FYE Practice
- First-Year Transitions in the Higher Education System
- Staff as Support Systems for First-Year Students
- Engaging the Student Voice: Critical Perspectives from Students
- FYE in the Classroom
- FYE Theory
ACCEPTED FORMATS FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
- Full Critical Academic Paper
- Reflective Practitioner Paper
- Student Papers: Research done by students
- Work-in-Progress Reports or Proposals for Future Research
- Interactive Poster Sessions
- Interactive Workshop Sessions
CRITERIA FOR SUBMISSIONS
All submissions should link to the overall conference theme and sub-themes. Abstracts will be subject to a blind peer review process. Abstracts should be double spaced and written in Arial Font, size 11. Abstracts should also be limited to 350-400 words.
In the case of poster sessions, posters should be preferably A0 sized and include details such as Title, Details of Presenter, Introduction, Aim/Key Objectives of Research, Findings and Summary.
Please note the following dates carefully, particularly with regard to the need for early letters of acceptance in order to secure conference funding. We have three rounds for abstract submissions. Round one opens 14 September 2018.
|Deadline for abstract submissions||Notification of acceptance|
|ROUND 1||14 October 2018||15 November 2018|
|ROUND 2||11 February 2019||25 February 2019|
|ROUND 3||01 April 2019||15 April 2019|